Crimes against Culture

A place to talk

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Crimes against Culture

Postby mudokon100 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 pm

By the gods, where do they get their names?! They honestly don't sound appealing at all.
I honestly can't see how a band dubbing themselves "Anal Bleeding" is worthy of appreciation.
Checker: Are you human?
Me: Of course I am!
Checker: *DENIED*
Me: What? Well... how about "Yes"?
Checker: *ACCEPTED*
Me: O.o
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Immort_Reaper on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Cryptopsy are pretty good. As are cannibal corpse. Carcass, also great. And napalm death.

Most bands with gory/offensive/shocking names like the ones you and I have given are death metal or grindcore. I adore both genres, however most people detest them.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Immort_Reaper
Warrior

Postby mudokon100 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 pm

It's not that I dislike them, I just can't see any reason to like them. The majority of the music I can make out is a few looped notes, and the singing... well to me it's not even singing.
I bet they have soar throats afterwards too.
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Ministry on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:29 pm

George 'Corpsegrinder' Fisher is the lead "singer" of Cannibal Corpse. His speaking voice is messed up as you can see in either of these interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyT1fYP2pkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAgOXPb4 ... re=related

To me, a large portion of the genre is not worth listening to. But there are some key things that I look for that really get my head banging. Cannibal Corpse happens to do these things more frequently.

Gutted is one of my favorite songs. Listen to the part in the beginning when the double-pedal of the drums kicks in. The energy is almost tangible and makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

If you still don't get it after that, well, to each his own ;)
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby mudokon100 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 pm

3 things:
1) Maybe my speakers arent clear enough, but I couldnt tell a word he was saying
2) I bet their necks hurt after that
3) My cat, who was asleep on my knee, FREAKED as soon as I put that on. It is now questionable whether I can reproduce. Thanks for that, Ministry. *glares*

I'll stick to my game music.
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Ministry on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 pm

I should've included a disclosure, "Not for feline audiences. Listener discretion is adviced."

I do apologize for your unpleasant experience. I hope that the unfortunate coincedence of your cat's reaction did not affect your judgement of the music, but based upon your reaction I don't think it did. But thanks for trying :lol:

If you actually could understand the lyrics of that song (without knowing what they were ahead of time), then I recommend calling a priest right away. You could see if they had a 2 for 1 deal on exorcisms (for you and your cat).

And head banging like that, if not done properly, can cause severe damage to your neck. As performers it is a part of their show and I'm sure they condition themselves accordingly. Otherwise, after over 20 years of performing, they would all be in wheelchairs.

But I feel like I'm dragging this off topic. Death Metal: Not a crime against culture, but definately not for everyone (and their cats) ;)
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Overmind on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:50 am

And overminds. Everywhere I look all the songs based on warhammer end up as Death metal... *sigh* I just can't stand the growling, it hurts my ears.

Crime against culture, no not unless nearly everyu other genre of music is.

Just not for everyone.
"You can please everbody some of the time, and you can please somebody all of the time, but you cannot please everybody all the time."
-Lincoln
So tell everyone to f*** off and do it your way.

"Ceterum censeo Commoragh esse delendam"
Overmind
Carnifex

Postby mudokon100 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 am

There are songs based on Warhammer? And I thought L70ETC was geeky...
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Ministry on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Bolt Thrower is one of the oldest (check out that cover art). They go waay back to the days when White Dwarf didn't exclusively cover Warhammer products. While their cd art, album and song titles tended to be Warhammer related, the lyrics were not.

There is another, more modern band that does have warhammer related lyrics like, "MAIM, KILL, BURN!". I can't remember what their name is.
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby mudokon100 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm both shocked and very, very intrigued.
I must see dis.
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

PreviousNext

Return to Chat