Conspiracy...

A place to talk

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Conspiracy...

Postby mudokon100 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:36 am

But what if you take said knowledge to the grave? What use is it then? It's thoughts like that that cause progress to stop - it's why the 40K world is portraying humanity as a stagnant species. They make no attempt to bring about progress, and curb any that might try under the guise of religion. The people with the knowledge are hiding it from their own side, and it's obviously going to get them killed.

Ok maybe that religion comment was a little harsh, but I've been watching some of these anti-fanatic videos on youtube (it's heartwarming to see such effort put into disgracing the lot of them). I'd best not get into that though - religious debate is never pretty.
Checker: Are you human?
Me: Of course I am!
Checker: *DENIED*
Me: What? Well... how about "Yes"?
Checker: *ACCEPTED*
Me: O.o
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Joehtosis on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:37 am

o_o *Confused* Who mentioned religion any way?.. Oh well lol.

Well, people have a habit of getting caught up in this arms race. (Be that an "arms race" or knowledge, resources, or actual physical power.) In a sense you could say we're hard wired as a species to be competitive with one another, as those who have been more aggressive and competitive are typically the ones who will breed. As it goes with nature.
However, with our higher state of mind and intelligence, our natural instincts could start to mingle with some philosophies and experience which can make for some nasty results. Such as the rise of a tyrant "alpha male" bent on global domination and the oppression of millions of people, which typically brings our progress as a species to a halt or reverts it. Then again, the odd one pops up and can bring the progress of a people to an accelerated rate.. "Hail Caesar!"
Either way, morally, I know every person is just as good as the next when given the chance, and each deserves equal rights, liberties, and justice. Whether or not they choose to do something purposeful with their blessing of life is up to the individual..
Ironically, no matter how much we talk about it, it's still the same simple crap we're taught when we're children. Share. Be kind. In general, don't be a dick.
These rules can even be found in almost every cultural and religious code of conduct. Our ancestors had the key to prosperity. The shameful thing is that they had to write it down. (Even worse, we still do.)
With all of this said, may kindness, knowledge, and prosperity reign over man-kind so we don't whittle down into what our Warhammer counter parts are. :/

P.S.
I also find it funny that many of these same people who claim these "conspiracy theories" are false, are extremely well off, wealthy men and women who have probably helped no one but themselves and those close to them in their entire lives. Keep the little man down, lest he knock you off your pedestal.
Last edited by Joehtosis on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing in the world is impossible.
Get up, what you slowin' down for?
Joehtosis
Genestealer

Postby need2 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:39 am

Another thing to note, the conspiracies, crime, religious oppression, and general dickery happen at a much higher rate in large population centers. Yes, a certain part of this is because there are simply more possibilities for dickery in said area, but also we seem to get more easily worked up when packed together. When people are more spread out and/or isolated, they tend to be a bit more peaceful. Basically, we are territorial and just don't know how to deal with our oppressed feelings rising from the animal within. Considering this, one of our more major issues of today is the fact there is not much space to explore and spread out to (that people find desirable anyways). And until we come up with rapid terraforming, ultra fast space travel, teleportation, or creating planets, we are pretty stuck here. Perhaps that's one of the real reasons why the Illuminati want to eliminate a large portion of the Earth's population?

On a similar but different note, anyone read 'Dune'? One thing brought up in there is something I like to call 'The Oracle's Curse'. Basically, if you see the future or something likely to be the future, is it then your fate? Or can you do something to fight it? Or perhaps knowing what is going to happen shapes your actions into bringing about that future? Essentially, almost every religion or sect has talked about some finality to our world and existence. And today, with all of these conspiracies and movements, people seem to be increasingly focused on coming disasters for humanity. But is it this fixation on our destruction that will bring it about? Or will our supposed knowing give us a chance to avoid it? Unfortunately, I think it will be more of the former.

Blah, back to my writing.
Long Live Anth-R'Cair!
need2
Gaunt

Postby mudokon100 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 am

Considering this, one of our more major issues of today is the fact there is not much space to explore and spread out to (that people find desirable anyways). And until we come up with rapid terraforming, ultra fast space travel, teleportation, or creating planets, we are pretty stuck here. Perhaps that's one of the real reasons why the Illuminati want to eliminate a large portion of the Earth's population?

I stick to the idea that we DO have that kind of technology. But mankind is so busy fussing over "calamities" such as swine flu that nobody ever thinks about them enough. I'm amazed they actually managed to create wi-tricity. But as I was saying, if the governments actually tried to work together on it, we could easily start terraforming. Don't get me wrong - it would be a process that would take YEARS (possibly even centuries), but we could quite easily set up a moon base right now.

But is it this fixation on our destruction that will bring it about? Or will our supposed knowing give us a chance to avoid it? Unfortunately, I think it will be more of the former.

Humanity is fscked until we all start working together. And that's never going to happen - at least, not in the foreseeable future. There are too many different sects - religion, ethics, morals - everyone has different views and they won't accept each other unless they're removed or a compromise for EVERYONE is found. ... Like that will ever happen...
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Joehtosis on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 am

I would like to try finding a situation involving the level of civil unrest in over populated cities in ancient times, however, there's nothing even close to the level we have today. We're in a new age of extreme population explosion and unfortunately I can't say I'd have any sources of people living together in such drastic numbers who weren't in this time. :[ So... As for if people can get along under a huge crunch of space is up in the air. I'm sure some can handle it, and others can't. I think an interesting goal to set for world governments would be to try accessing deserts as viable territory. It would be difficult, but also a profitable endeavor. After all, the Sahara itself is about as large as the original 48 states or larger. *I'm estimating from what I can remember in maps.* I know right now there's no way this could be efficiently pulled off but.. There's always the future.

Humanity is fscked until we all start working together. And that's never going to happen - at least, not in the foreseeable future. There are too many different sects - religion, ethics, morals - everyone has different views and they won't accept each other unless they're removed or a compromise for EVERYONE is found. ... Like that will ever happen...

I disagree. Mohandas Gandhi and MLK Jr. brought about many men of different race, culture, and religious beliefs together under one goal, unity and peace. Unfortunately, once these men were assassinated their progress was ultimately dissolved but.. It shows that the possibility is there. India did eventually break down into three separate nations after the death of Gandhi. The Civil Rights movement was largely abandoned after the death of MLK. This shows that human beings as a whole are still clinging to a strong urge to follow a charismatic and influential leader. Most of the individuals that were behind these movements went back to hating their Islamic or White counterparts as soon as their leader was eliminated. However, there are those who still held up the banner and truly learned what it was all for and how important it is to never let it die. KRS-One is still out on the streets teaching "thugs" to quit hatin each other and educate themselves. There is also a certain Brahman in Northern India (I forgot his name, searched to the best of my ability. Anyone know of him?) who is known for taking in Shudra, Harijan, orphans, and other lower caste members of the Indian children into his temple. There he educates them and allows them to undergo sacred rituals to become one of the elite Brahman caste in an effort to display equality in a nation where segregation is alive and well. (Something his Brahman peers are extremely critical of.)

I know one day humans as a species can and just might learn to take this path of accepting each other regardless of heritage, ideology, or physical appearance. If you don't believe that, watch MLK's "I Have a Dream". It's quite moving.
Joehtosis
Genestealer

Postby WildFalken on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:08 am

However, with our higher state of mind and intelligence, our natural instincts could start to mingle with some philosophies and experience which can make for some nasty results. Such as the rise of a tyrant "alpha male" bent on global domination and the oppression of millions of people, which typically brings our progress as a species to a halt or reverts it.

alright, think about the biggest, most evil dictator you know of, e.g, Hitler, Stalin, Napolean, and now think about what they did for their country, they united them, in the case of Stalin, he turned a large portion of the world from a collection of backwater countries to one of the world's major powers, Hitler turned Germany, a small enough country in the scheme of things into the most powerful military force in the world, and if he had won his wars, the world would likely be better place for it.
WildFalken
Spore Mine

Postby mudokon100 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:02 pm

You might want to watch your wording there. I take it you aren't supportive of all his other regimes, of course?
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby WildFalken on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:31 am

Hmmm, well i am something of a utilitarian in this case, the loss of the Jewish and the Gypsies would be acceptable if the end result was better for society, i have nothing against either of them, and what the Nazi's did to the Jew's is beyond any justifiability.
WildFalken
Spore Mine

Postby Joehtosis on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:55 pm

A rather bad example but.. There is truth behind it.

I have to disagree on the world being a better place however. I'm a rather independent person and personally I can't stand oppressive people or a loss of free will. Authoritarian leaders like Hitler, Saddam or Kim Jong-il have a tendency to.. Stomp out rebellion through controlling the population's minds. I mean there was and is propaganda in both Nazi-Germany and North Korea dictating that their relative ruler is a Messiah or God. The world could have been a technological and scientific power house, but without free will or people with independent thought, I'd prefer to live in a cave lol.
Joehtosis
Genestealer

Previous

Return to Chat