NEWCOMERS and OLDIES; Introduce yourselves!

A place to talk

Moderator: Moderators

NEWCOMERS and OLDIES; Introduce yourselves!

Postby Son_of_Foamy on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am

So, for all those folks who have been around before or are just signing up now, this is the place to introduce yourself. Tell us what you're about, why you're here or just say 'Hi, I'm X, I like Y. Z is cool too." Write as little or as much as you want, but please keep chat to a minimum, I want it to be easy to search through this thread and get a feel for the user base.

I'll start off then; I've been hanging around on the 'Nid mod's forums since a few months after it's original launch, which was sometime late 2004. This was back when I was fairly into Warhammer and my first real army was 750pts of poorly painted 'Nids. I've never really contributed much to the mod apart from helping (a.k.a laughing at people) in Tech Support and writing one or two items for the old FAQ, I just enjoy coming back here for the witty banter and inevitable drama.

As my name would imply, I used to enjoy the work of Jonathan Ian Mathers, but his rants of late have been...poor. Purposely showing nipples and having Germaine gagging spooge in order to rile up his critics was enjoyable for a time, but now the gimic is tired. There is no longer any substance to his arguments and I pray for the day when he sits down in order to find something worthy of writing about, instead of the filler material he comes up with these days which seems to only serve to keep his site updated regularly.

I'm an avid gamer, I enjoy pretty much anything that isn't too squeamishly (it's a real word :o) childish or excruciatingly hard. I've played everything from FPS and Fighters to RPGs and Puzzle Games. If I had to choose, I'd say my favorite games of all time have been Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger and Vagrant Story. Each of these games have told brilliant stories with game play to match, and I actually can't bring myself to play them ever again because I know all the next-gen graphics have have spoiled me and will make it too hard not to criticize them.

So yeah, I just wrote a short essay, you'll find I'll do that when I get on a roll :P

*edit* This'll get stickied soon, just need to get the permissions set
Current S_o_F Mood: Feelin' Strangely Fine

Chief follower of the Church of the Lord's Pantaloons
"And 'lo, she did kneel and gaze upon the Lord, and He did grace her with his favour'
Son_of_Foamy
Mod Team
Mod Team

Re: NEWCOMERS and OLDIES; Introduce yourselves!

Postby Alan3002 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:01 pm

HI! Im Alan, been around the forums for roughly about a year I think for some odd reason I was never able to sign up before until the site crashed so I signed up onto the backup forums and now this :D
Ive never played the tabletop since I thought it was a bit expensive but I may start it up, Im only 16, ill be 17 on the 25th of september entering my last year in school, exam year :(
I love playing games especially RPG and RTS games, I also love music id be lost without music and im a hardcore Linkin Park and Oasis fan
Anywho I cant think of anymore to say so thats about it for now :D
Alan3002
Hormagaunt

Postby Anakha on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:44 pm

As you can read I`m Anakha, I`ve been in the Forum since early 07, I play 40k on PC and table, I`m also interested in designing own Armies and a vivid RPG-Player (on PC or P&P).

I`m also one of the "old" Members here (in real Life).

Should do for now, everything else you may find out yourselves by reading my posts or other means..... 8-)

Never mess with Wizards, `cause they are fickle and quick to anger.....

Here`s the Wizards Dragon-Host (under Construction). help him hatch and you might be surprised....
Anakha
Warrior

Location: Releasing my Zanpakotu to Shikai: Sunder, Eternal Duality!

Postby Old-one-eye on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:52 pm

I started here somewhere around April the 24th 2008 and built up a 440 something post count before the servers blew themselves up.
I have many names that only the wind and trees can say. I am the mountain, the forest and the earth.
Old-one-eye
Ravener

Location: In a labyrinth somewhere in northern Spain waiting for princess Moanna...

Postby Dimand on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:43 pm

I Is Dimand
Praise the Builder, Thank Karras, Fear the Trickster, Know the Keeper.
See not, the Thief in the Dark.
Pagan Folklore

Dimand Out!!
Dimand
Beta Lead

Postby alex1945 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi I'm alex1945 and I'm quite a newcomer here, but i'v always been interested in tyranids, and your mod.
i play as nids both on computer and tabletop, though i also play a lot as Deamonhunters in tabletop ;)
alex1945
Spore Mine

Postby [insert name here] on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi, I like to call myself [insert name here].....I'm not entirely sure why.......but anyways, I'm new with having an account, but I have been watching this mod (and website) sinse the 4.0 release....and I do play tabletop with Tyranids, Daemonhunters, and Daemons.
[insert name here]
Spore Mine

Postby Kruker on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:03 pm

I think some might remember me from even the old greyish forum, as I was lurking around for quite a while. I;m rather a man of few words so you won't see my post count rocketing up, yet I read most of the topics around here, adding something from myself, when I feel it's necessary. I play TT a lot, generally Nids both normally and for a month apocalypse as well. I already have some achievements on coutry wide tournaments (3rd place once). I intend to try playing Dark Eldar if I find enough money and time. Beside that I play RPGs as well as some PC games (DoW included) while trying to stay away from MMORPGs. Think that's it for now, dunno what can I write more.

P.S.
I like bannanas :twisted:
Kruker
Ripper

Postby Zombiedragon201 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Hello gents. About me... huh...

Well, I'm known as a Flying Radioactive Zombie Dragon Battleship, due to some of my forum escapades, but most of you won't recognize that, so I'm simply the ZombieDragon201. Name's always been the same, since I started actually posting on the nid forums back in early 07. I guess now I can be considered somewhat of an oldie, seeing as I remember some of the big things that happened forum-wise back then. My post count was hovering somewhere around 2000-something when the form died, so I guess I have to work harder to regain that.

A little about myself. I'm cynical, sometimes, I'm usually a sarcastic person, I have literally no fear of the internets, and I'm a 16 year old living in Hobbs, New Mexico, in the Great United States. I'm rather patriotic, yet, stragely enough, I have a healthy respect for foreign culture. I'm going to be a senior in High School within 4 weeks, which makes me sad. And I have little tolerance for retarded people.

That was me in a nutshell. Happy?
ImageYay! He's free!
"Hey its better than being an Eldar... Eating people is far funnier than trying to manipulate the world, failing, then running away."-panser_dragoon
Zombiedragon201
Carnifex

Postby Nidswillpwnu on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi I'm Nidswillpwnu (because they will :twisted: ) I'm new at posting here but i had an account before the server blew up.
I like to paint Warhammer 40k tyranid models although I'm new to it.
My nid models
Nidswillpwnu
Ripper

Next

Return to Chat