S.P.A.Z. surprisingly addicting

A place to talk

Moderator: Moderators

S.P.A.Z. surprisingly addicting

Postby Krishach on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:03 am

S.P.A.Z (Space Pirates And Zombies) is a 2d indie space piloting game with simple controls, addicting gameplay, a resource system, a relationship system by faction, customizable ships to be micromanaged, level up system, ability to reverse engineer to discover new designs and weapons, and a decent sense of humor. It's an old-school space gig from nostalgic times refitted for modern graphics and game sensibilities. Yay physics engine.

Picked up this little beauty over the holidays and am now on my 2nd playthrough. It's complex enough to challenge and think, simple enough to be a casual play, and funny enough to keep laughing after 40+ hours of play. The random dialogue lines are worth turning up the speakers. Still hearing random lines I've never heard before coming out of these guys...

"Am I the only girl in this system?"
girl"Anyone know where I can find a good stripclub? I need a job."
hippie"...Just say no to cannibalism..."
"any of those hostages give you lip you throw em out the window" yes you will see the bodies flying out

and other such ridiculousness. They are also adding new free (thank you god for indies) content since its inception.
http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/
It's actually a decent demo playthrough, rather than bullshit, and the current game price is $9.99 US, less than the price of a trip through Taco Bell. Let me know what you think.

screenies links
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Re: S.P.A.Z. surprisingly addicting

Postby Krishach on Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Bounty Hunters and 6 more ships were released for this game free, and Gamestop.com has it today for $2.49

VERY worth the buy.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Harpu on Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

This title looks fun but I've just been playing a few matches of fighter games, mostly skullgirls lately. College is still very taxing preventing me from playing many games.
Harpu

Postby Krishach on Fri May 11, 2012 10:11 pm

eh, I know the feeling, I'm wrapping up finals, but it IS a casual game. It's got surprising depth for a casual game, but it's still not Sins of the Solar Empire or anything.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Return to Chat