Genius music fusions

A place to talk

Moderator: Moderators

Genius music fusions

Postby Krishach on Thu May 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Musical fusions are, in my opinion, the bonding of two unrelated sounds into a cohesive whole. I was sent this and became captivated. This song has club mixes, dubstep, etc, but this one still sticks out. I'd recommend listening to the original first if you want to compare.

The fusion of opposites: dubstep and tap
Taptronic - Crave You

Here is the original, for comparison.
Flight Facilities - Crave You (dubstep mix)

Sorta curious: anyone else know fusions like this that work so surprisingly well?
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Re: Genius music fusions

Postby Harpu on Fri May 18, 2012 1:37 pm

That was really something to listen to and watch. The electronic fusion with the tap was really enjoyable, and of course observing the movements of those guys is just, its remarkable we can move like that. That song was really good though, now the second one, while I am not one to hate any musical style, dub-step has never really interested me. But I will admit that the video was fairly entertaining to watch, those guys can move, and their all gold plated/colored outfits added a strange appeal, but i think overall it allowed you to observe the movements all the better. The song isn't something I can get into though.

I have recently become a huge fan of Parov Stelar, apparently a true original in fusing together the classy sounds of Swing music and the awesome variety that electronica provides.this group and their second project, Caravan Palace have some really great music, Caravan Palace is relatively new but Parov has a huge library of music to check out. I'll just share 1 song from each group.

This first song, Catgroove is a decent example of what Parov can do, the video doesn't feature Parov though, its just a rather entertaining individual who can dance really well. If you like watching this guy dance, and your interested in the sound of Parov Stelar, then just go to watch more of his videos because he dances to a ton of Parov Stelar's songs as well as their other project Caravan Palace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqM56f_cVo

Caravan Palace, I will share clash, one of my favorites of theirs. This is just an off the disc version but if you guys become interested I highly recommend you search for their live performance while your on the tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yebo5ILBMC0&ob=av2n
Harpu

Re: Genius music fusions

Postby Krishach on Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Nice find.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Return to Chat