My Orks

A cornucopia of tabletop wargaming discussions

Moderator: Moderators

My Orks

Postby Immort_Reaper on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 pm

I recently started a new ork army, and I was hoping some people here could give me some painting tips.

I'm pretty pleased with how they're looking so far, but please remember this is my first time painting ork :P Other than that, please feel free to offer any criticism.

(Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I'm using the camera off of a phone).
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Immort_Reaper
Warrior

Re: My Orks

Postby Joey625 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Omg hurl those are the ugliest things ever :P just messing they look really cool nice job dude I'm planning on starting tt soon too but I'm going to go as nids :)
My Dawn of War username is Joey62591 if anyone wants to hit me up for a game
Joey625
Broodlord

Postby Immort_Reaper on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I must recommend the battleforces if you're going to start - they're great value.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Immort_Reaper
Warrior

Postby Joey625 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:13 pm

im thinking that but i cant get the battleforce now because they got rid of it and replacing it for a new one that i dont even know what is in it :evil:
My Dawn of War username is Joey62591 if anyone wants to hit me up for a game
Joey625
Broodlord

Postby Immort_Reaper on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Wait a month or two, though given the current battleforces, I expect you'll get a carni, shit loads of gaunts and a fast attack.
Immort_Reaper
Warrior

Postby Ministry on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 am

Despite being out of focus and standing in front of your box of medicine, they look like their well painted. You've used a lot of contrast which helps define the details on the skin. And it looks like the paint job is pretty clean (as far as I can tell). You might get better focus if you put them in front of a solid, 1 color background. Otherwise, well done.
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Harpu on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:16 am

Instead of auto, try the close up function of your camera. If it has a setting dial like most digitals, it should be the image with a person on it, usually next to the green square that is for standard picture.

I agree, I think the scheme looks faithful to the bad moons color from the games. (If that is what you were aiming for) The extra details on the base are also looking really good. Far more effort than my baseless models have. :-)
Harpu

Postby Immort_Reaper on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah, I'm going for bad moonz, mostly cause I like yellow (it's a pain, cause it's damn hard to paint :P).

Updated pics, from a camera (better quality pics, yay).

Immort_Reaper
Warrior

Postby KAL777 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:59 pm

That is some really nice fake snow you have on their bases.
K37, Master of the Necron Rush.

The wise man learns from his own mistakes, the lucky man lives through them.

No the world isn't fair.
But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be.
KAL777
Broodlord

Return to Tabletop