Home made warhammer 40k units

A cornucopia of tabletop wargaming discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Home made warhammer 40k units

Postby KAL777 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 pm

I have been making lots of unit profiles for things in warhammer 40k, some of them based upon other sci-fi stuff such as halo and some of them based upon things that are completely in my imagination. They have been building up for a long time and I want to share them with you guys. Comments, questions, and unit profiles you have made are welcome.

Beast of raw chaos
WS: 6
BS: 0
S: see description
T: see description
W: 4
I: see description
A: see description
Ld: 10
Sv: see description
Monstrous Creature
Changing form:
A Beast of raw chaos is an entity that is composed entirely of warp corrupted matter. Its form constantly shifts and it is impossible to tell what abilities it may have at any one moment. When a Beast of raw chaos is placed on the table you must determine its starting stats. To do this roll a d6 for each stat that is listed as see description. The number you roll is the value for the stat. If you roll a 1 for the save then the save is treated as -. In addition roll a d6 and consult the following table to determine which universal special rules the Beast of raw chaos has:
1: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, and Rage
2: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, Rage, and Feel No Pain
3: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, Rage, and Fleet
4: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, Rage, Slow and Purposeful, and Tank Hunters
5: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, Rage, Counter Attack, and Furious Charge
6: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, and Feel No Pain
During the movement phase of each of your turns, before moving, you may roll a d6 each for up to 10 Beasts of raw chaos you control and consult the following table:
1: re-roll Strength for that beast of raw chaos
2: re-roll Toughness for that beast of raw chaos
3: re-roll Initiative for that beast of raw chaos
4: re-roll Attacks for that beast of raw chaos
5: re-roll Save for that beast of raw chaos
6: re-roll universal special rules for that beast of raw chaos

Infection:
If a Beast of raw chaos kills a normal infantry model in close combat roll a D6, if you roll a 6 create another Beast of raw chaos in base contact with the original. If the unit that the original normal infantry model was a part of still contains models in it the new Beast of raw chaos can immediately move into base contact with that unit.

Master Chief
0-1
HQ
WS 8 BS 6 S 6 T 5 W 3 I 8 A 4 Ld 10 Sv 3+
Independent Character
Counter-Attack
Eternal Warrior
Fearless
Feel No Pain
Fleet
Furious Charge
Infiltrate
Night Vision
Relentless
Fast: Master Chief may roll 2d6 and pick the highest when running. Also if Master Chief doesn’t make an assault move in the assault phase he may move 1d6 inches as though running.
Energy shield: Master Chief has an energy shield that takes damage that would hit him. The energy shield will absorb the first two wounds that are inflicted on Master Chief in each turn. Master Chief’s Feel No Pain special rule can’t be used on a wound that will be absorbed by the shield.
Superhuman Strength: Master Chief’s melee attacks are treated as rending
Supernatural Luck: Master Chief’s armor save counts as an invulnerable save
Weapons:
Master Chief may be equipped with two of the following weapons, and may choose which to use when firing. Any extra effects may only be used if the weapon was the last one that Master Chief used, for example the extra attack from the pistols.
Two Pistols: Range 12” Str 3 Ap 6 Pistol, These also give Master Chief an extra close combat attack.
Two Submachine Guns: Range 12” Str 3 Ap 6 Assault 2
Assault Rifle: Range 36” Str 4 Ap 5 Rapid Fire
Battle Rifle: Range 36” Str 5 Ap 5 Assault 1
Shotgun: Range 12” Str 4 Ap – Assault 2
Sniper Rifle: Range 48” Str X Ap 6 Heavy 1 Sniper
Twin Barreled Rocket Launcher: Range 48” Str 8 Ap 3 Heavy 2
Spartan Laser: Range 48” Str 10 Ap 1 Heavy 1
Machine Gun: Range 24” Str 5 Ap 4 Heavy 3, this weapon causes the Master Chief to have the slow and purposeful special rule.

In addition Master Chief has both Assault Grenades and Defensive grenades, and has special Frag Grenades that can be used as weapons with the following profile:
Frag grenade: Str 4 Ap 5 Assault 1 Blast
These grenades may be used in addition to any other shooting attacks that Master Chief may make.

Bohrok base stats:
WS 3, BS 4, S 5, T 5, W 1, I 2, A 3, Ld 10, Sv 4+
Weapons: may choose one weapon from the Bohrok weapons list
Options: must choose one Krana from the Krana list
Special rules:
Fearless
Feel No Pain
Furious Charge
Krana Removal: If an opponent rolls a 6 on their to hit roll to hit a Bohrok with a non blast weapon roll a d6. On a 6 the Bohrok is killed.

Bohrok weapons:
Fire Blast: range 36”, Str 7, AP 4, Heavy 1
Acid Blast: range 24”, Str 7, AP 1, Heavy 1
Earth Blast: range 36”, Str 8, AP 4, Heavy 1
Rock Blast: range 36”, Str 8, AP 4, Heavy 1
Water Blast: range 36”, Str 6, AP 6, Heavy 1 Blast
Ice Blast: range 36”, Str 6, AP 4, Heavy 1 Pinning

Krana Powers:
XA: not used or none.
ZA: not used or none.
VU: unit counts as being equipped with a Jet Pack.
CA: unit gains 4+ invulnerable saving throw.
YO: unit can deep strike if the scenario allows.
JA: unit gains Acute Senses special rule.
SU: unit gains +2 strength.
BO: unit doesn’t have to roll to determine how far it can see if the night fighting rule is in effect.
K37, Master of the Necron Rush.

The wise man learns from his own mistakes, the lucky man lives through them.

No the world isn't fair.
But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be.
KAL777
Broodlord

Re: Home made warhammer 40k units

Postby Ministry on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:31 am

Is that the stats for Master Chief, or for Chuck Norris?
I know that Master Chief is all kinds of awesome, but he is not an immortal god of death. He actually dies rather easily once the shields are knocked down. And (depending on the player) he does not hit his target every time he shoots, nor does he easily destroy everything in melee. And he is definately not "fast".

You've really got to put him in perspective. Ability wise, I'de say he was somewhere inbetween a Space Marine and a Force Commander. It's really his equipment that makes him stand out. Try this:

Master Chief
0-1
Elite
WS 5 BS 4 S 4 T 4 W 2 I 5 A 2 Ld 10 Sv 4+ (Invulnerable)
Independent Character
Fearless

And the only changes I have to the weapons are:
Assault Rifle: Range 24” Str 3 Ap 6 Assault 2
Battle Rifle: Range 36” Str 4 Ap 5 Assault 1
And no grenades as weapons.

I would also like to add some optional equipment. Master Chief may purchase 2 of the following. All of these items may only be used once per battle at any time during Master Chiefs turn, and last until the start of Master Chiefs next turn.

Bubble Shield: When used, all ranged attacks aimed at Master Chief automatically miss, and Master Chief counts as being in cover for the sake of melee. Master Chief may not attack with ranged weapons. The Bubble Shield ends early if Master Chief moves.
Deployable cover: When used, ranged attacks aimed at Master Chief only hit on a roll of 6, and Master Chief counts as being in cover for the sake of melee. Deployable cover ends early if Master Chief moves.
Flare: Target enemy infantry or open-topped vehicle within 12" counts as having Ballistic Skill = 1.
Portable Grav-Lift: Master Chief may use this item to move as jump infantry.
Power Drain: Target enemy unit within 12" receives the following effect depending on type: Infantry lose any invulnerable save they might have. A Vehicle counts as Crew Stunned.
Regenerator: Master Chief may recover 1 lost wound.
Invisibility: Allows Master Chief to move onto the board from a table edge the same as a unit with the infiltrator special rule.
Over Shield: Master Chief may reroll any failed saving throws once.
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby KAL777 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:17 am

I was more going for how he is in the books that I have read, where he runs in bursts of up to 55kph even without his armor, and his armor just makes him faster.
He also could, again without his armor, put dents in inch thich steel plate. Again his armor just made him better.
K37, Master of the Necron Rush.

The wise man learns from his own mistakes, the lucky man lives through them.

No the world isn't fair.
But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be.
KAL777
Broodlord

Postby Ministry on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Ah, I see then. I've only ever played the games. From what you describe your stat line actually makes sense then.
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Return to Tabletop