Citadel Finecast

A cornucopia of tabletop wargaming discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Citadel Finecast

Postby Ministry on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:10 pm

I first heard about the new Resin models in the email newsletters from Games Workshop. Supposedly the resin composite allows for a higher level of detail vs plastic and/or metal (hence the title "Finecast"). I was unconvinced by the pictures in the email, but when I saw a few (unpainted) on display at my local GW shop I have to say I am impressed. But I think it's just the foreshadowing of what's to come as it should allow the sculptors to add even more impressive detail.

I find it interesting because painting minis was my favorite part of the hobby. What do you guys think? Has anybody purchased any? Are they worth the extra dough?
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Re: Citadel Finecast

Postby Zaha on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 am

I know the Forgeworld resin models needed a bit of prep-work before you could really paint them properly.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ministry on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:03 pm

I've read that this resin composite does not need to be washed before painting. But they do warn that there can be air bubbles in the casting process that result in small holes in the model. They say that these can be filled with small dabs of super glue but I'm skeptical about how well this could possibly work.
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Zaha on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Well the obvious alternative is just smoothing it over with a teensy bit of green stuff.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harpu on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 am

Is there any word on the pricing off this material? Is it about the same costs as plastic and metal, more or less maybe?
Harpu

Return to Tabletop