0.5b1

Here be news updates

Moderator: Moderators

0.5b1

Postby Zaha on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey folks.

So those of you who hang around ModDB will have caught that we're in the process of assembling 0.5b1. Because Croax's had a baby we've had to put off the new construction stuff until 0.5b2, but we're putting together this as the rebalance/bugfix/art update/AI tweak/new game mode package to start working from.

So what's in it?

Well all the balance changes listed here.

Also some bugfixes, like with that annoying banner issue and whathaveyou.

Oh, and new art - some new animations from Miros, as well as some more consistent skins from Whiteshield.

And a new mini-mod for Great Devourer mode, which lets you play without population limits.

So yeah. Pretty straightforward. I'm hoping to be able to start doing some internal testing by late next week.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 0.5b1

Postby Joey625 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 pm

sounds great maybe it will get some more activity going on here
My Dawn of War username is Joey62591 if anyone wants to hit me up for a game
Joey625
Broodlord

Postby ND999 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 pm

It's kind of nice to hear that this Mod is actually progressing, even a little bit. Keep it up :)
There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal!
There is no strength in flesh, only weakness!
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay!
There is no certainty in flesh, but death!

Praise the Omnissiah! Glory to the Machine!
ND999
Ripper

Postby Gambit on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:45 am

Hello to all, I am new to your forums.
I like Tyranids quite a lot, you made an excellent implementation of the race - besides making it available for DOW !!! Thank you all people.

I have played Tyranids many times against almost any race, and I have two small balance "complaints", given the changes in the new beta:
1] The Broodlord is a somewhat weak hero even with full his genestealers "retinue". I am very careful in micro-managing him, but still I cannot keep him alive for long. I think that a boost in HPs would make things better...
2] Genestealers casualties come also easy to me, even with all researches made - and a careful play. In the codex, genestealers are tough warriors, and I humbly suggest you should make them slightly more damage-resistant.

EDIT: Is this posted on the correct thread?
Last edited by Gambit on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-In search of Papasmurf...
Gambit
Gaunt

Postby Joey625 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 am

how could you have layed this new beta if it isnt out yet or did i miss the memo that it was out o.o
My Dawn of War username is Joey62591 if anyone wants to hit me up for a game
Joey625
Broodlord

Postby Reaper R66 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:06 am

Although I've mostly been lurking about on moddb and this site not making any useful contributions, I'm glad to hear news of the mod's progress and wish you guys good luck in completing the next release :D
Reaper R66
Ripper

Postby Nonalyth on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Not to sound cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Nonalyth
Beta Tester

Postby Krishach on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 am

I believe the idea is to solidify the changes done so far, and test them, whilst waiting for changes held up by coding and the disasters that befell the man. Correct me if I am wrong, Zaha, but the changes are already being made.

This is, however, still a stepping stone: the larger goals that have held up progress, such as the overall build system and the buildings, are still there. This is the progress that can be done without a stone-cold-coder.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Zaha on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:42 am

I'm basically just going to lay out what I've already told the team:

Krishach needs to send me the 0.46 build (I don't have it just yet). I'm adding in the art contributions from Miros and Whiteshield, then uploading it here as 0.47 for our coding teams to take swings at. There are two main code additions (Great Devourer Mode and new AI) plus a few minor naming tweaks, once those have been added it becomes 0.48 and we start running an internal beta test just to make sure we haven't missed anything. Once that's done, 0.5b1 goes live.

The first two steps can be knocked out by the end of the weekend. Great Devourer Mode literally needs one afternoon to set up, and I don't know how long the AI team will take - but they tend to be pretty quick too.

Our timeframe is to be doing internal tests by friday at the latest.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gorb on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Nonalyth wrote:Not to sound cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

"Not to sound cynical . . . but I'm going to sound cynical".

I find it amusing when people don't think about what they're typing.
Gorb
Mod Team
Mod Team

Next

Return to News