Tyranids are too powerful.

Where locked threads go to die

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tyranids are to powerful.

Postby Immort_Reaper on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 am

IMO making the 'spam' troops (gaunts etc.) more fragile (whilst in synapse range [catalyst only reduces damage?] - they already drop like flies outside of it) OR making them far faster than the synapse creatures so you can force them out of synapse range (no more catalyst - woo!) should make it more balanced. I'm no expert mind, so dont worry too much if ive gotten things wrong.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Immort_Reaper
Warrior

Postby Zaha on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:33 am

We could actually give them the fleet of claw ability, like the eldar do, which would make them outrun the synapse.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Krishach on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 am

We were thinking about that 3 years ago too. I still think we should; to match the codex.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Zaha on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:03 am

Well I'm all for it.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tyranids are too powerful.

Postby Nick_Ramsey on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:03 pm

You should also lower the amount of time that the Hive Tyrants abiltiy lasts. That is a game ender without fail. It lasts almost as long as the Nightbringer, except it is an entire army of nids numbering in the thousands. The Librarians doesn't seem to last that long, or even have that much range either. Also, It shouldn't affect Carnifexs. It may not be completely true to the fluff, but it would add balance. With Massive battles on, you can have 30 squad cap worth of them. Even with Biovores and Zoanthropes, you can still have massive horde of those.
Nick_Ramsey
Ripper

Postby Whiteshield on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Tyranids are supposed to be powerful posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=321#
Whiteshield
Gaunt

Postby Harpu on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:54 pm

I think you copied the wrong thing there. I see you are new to the forums so welcome to them. You can head over to the introductions thread to make a name for yourself and I suggest you check out the forum basics section in the FAQ thread which you can get to with the following link.

faq.php

I won't warn you this time because you are new, but we have a no necroing policy. Hopefully you are aware of what that is, because we feel that dead threads should remain so. Yes this was on the balance section but we know that the current build is out of balance with version 1.2 of SS and I don't think more needs to be said about the nids being powerful.

I'll lock up this thread.
Harpu

Previous

Return to The Archives