Ultimate dark eldar nightmare...

Where locked threads go to die

Moderator: Moderators

Ultimate dark eldar nightmare...

Postby zanz22 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:42 am

Yep, i wonder what do the dark eldar have nightmares (or is it sweet dreams, given their s&m nature?) about, so i think perhaps these would make good horror stories for them:
1. Have the entire word bearers or whatever slaneesh worshiping chaos marines attack them en masse
2. Be directly in the shadow of the warp generated by an approaching hive fleet
3. Relentless necron assault...kill all life=warp becomes benign and weak....

whats your take?
zanz22
Ripper

Re: Ultimate dark eldar nightmare...

Postby ComradeChernobyl on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 pm

My take is that the Dark Eldar don't have nightmares. They are everybody else's nightmare.
This is my signature. It is not funny, witty, depressing, inflamatory, or any of that clver stuff. Instead, its purpose is to control your life for a few brief, fleeting seconds as you read through it.
ComradeChernobyl
Hormagaunt

Postby mudokon100 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm

A beautiful open meadow, with pale blue flower patches, wild rabbits grazing and playing, and the sun setting on the horizon.
To (almost) every other race, it's a perfect scene. It'd drive a DE nuts to be trapped somewhere like that, with no weapons or way to start a fire. Ah I can picture it now... the screams, they are so wonderful... and ironic.
Checker: Are you human?
Me: Of course I am!
Checker: *DENIED*
Me: What? Well... how about "Yes"?
Checker: *ACCEPTED*
Me: O.o
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Daz on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:34 pm

They have a nightmare, that infact their Wraithbone armour is just a stylish silk dress, then the shells starting dropping....
Fethin hell, you whippersnappers know where my car is parked?
Daz
Gaunt

Postby zanz22 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 am

i now think their version of nightmare is either "sweet dreams" or "wet dreams"..
zanz22
Ripper

Postby Krishach on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:56 am

the "opposites frighten" theory is a childish set of ridiculousness. The original theory was much more valid. I would think that Chaos does not frighten them so much, perhaps losing identity, but the Tyranids and Necron which would leave no trace I imagine is what would keep them up at night.

Think about it: an enemy that feels NO pain, and will eradicate even the smallest memory of your name.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby zanz22 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 am

i guess they'll find it pointless to kill, if they could actually do so, necrons as necrons chicken out at the last minute & teleport back to base (can their soul actually be consumed by DE or is it permanently bound to their robotic bodies?)....i also wonder if they could consume the souls of tyrannids...or make slaves out of them...
zanz22
Ripper

Postby Overmind on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Dark Eldar fear losing..... that's about it.....

At least form all of the fluff I've come across at least.

Of course this is only after they've lost.
"You can please everbody some of the time, and you can please somebody all of the time, but you cannot please everybody all the time."
-Lincoln
So tell everyone to f*** off and do it your way.

"Ceterum censeo Commoragh esse delendam"
Overmind
Carnifex

Postby mudokon100 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Krishach wrote:the "opposites frighten" theory is a childish set of ridiculousness.

Oh come now, are you telling me that if a DE was dropped into a field full of fluffy bunnies with ribbons on, and told that every time s/he killed one, two more would appear, they'd become dressed in a frilly pink dress with flowers on that they couldn't take off, which would get "prettier" every time they killed a rabbit, they WOULD NOT attempt to commit suicide using said bunnies?
And then wake up panicked and sweating?

Then again, I think for a lot of people that would be a horrible nightmare... real or WH based.
Checker: Are you human?
Me: Of course I am!
Checker: *DENIED*
Me: What? Well... how about "Yes"?
Checker: *ACCEPTED*
Me: O.o
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby ComradeChernobyl on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 am

Dark Eldar have been known to get supremely masochistic under some circumstances (exhibit A- grotesques); I don't think they'd mind the fact that they'd get "prettier" with each kill. You forget that Dark Eldar are also a very vain people, and there are probably more than a few male Dark Eldar who think the idea of receiving increasingly convincing drag as a "punishment" for murdering cute, fluffy animals would be pretty cool. We're talking about a race that is messed-up beyond all human comprehension- Haemonculi (sp?) can make Space Marine veterans scream for their mothers- I don't think there's such a thing as a nightmare for any Dark Eldar- just more ways to hurt things, possibly demonstrated on one's self.
This is my signature. It is not funny, witty, depressing, inflamatory, or any of that clver stuff. Instead, its purpose is to control your life for a few brief, fleeting seconds as you read through it.
ComradeChernobyl
Hormagaunt

Next

Return to The Archives