BRUTAL LEGEND

Where locked threads go to die

Moderator: Moderators

BRUTAL LEGEND

Postby Crypt_Lord_08 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:04 pm

In case you haven't heard of this game here's a little snippet from Gamespot's most recent article about it:

"The story told in Brutal Legend is a pastiche of heavy metal imagery that feels like a combination of genuine love for the genre and biting satire. After Riggs--the world's greatest roadie--accidentally spills some blood on his belt buckle while tuning a guitar, the buckle transports him to an alternate world filled with every last metal trope you can imagine--a place where humans are fighting very real demons in a battle for survival. Our demo began where the game does: Riggs awakens in a mysterious temple as druids are circling around an axe planted in the ground. In a bit of Arthurian resourcefulness, Riggs yanks the axe out of the ground and promptly begins smashing these evil druids to bloody bits."

Feel free to read the rest of the article here.

So, what are your opinions on this game? Could it be absolutely pure awesomeness, or could it be doomed to failure?
Crypt_Lord_08
Gaunt

Re: BRUTAL LEGEND

Postby mudokon100 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Appears to be yet more drug-induced nonense to me.
... I must have it.
Checker: Are you human?
Me: Of course I am!
Checker: *DENIED*
Me: What? Well... how about "Yes"?
Checker: *ACCEPTED*
Me: O.o
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Ministry on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I predict that it will be a cult hit; popular among metal fanatics, but probably lacking in the solid gameplay necessary to make it a "Legend". I think it'll be in the bargain bin by June.

Either way, I want it.
Ministry
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Harpu on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 pm

I caught a little bit of the pathetic VGA's that were on about 2 or 3 months ago, Jack Black was the host to that special and he did an entire 15 minute spiel promoting this game. So I think it's going to be appealing just to a certain audience much like ministry thinks. The game doesn't appeal to me at all though, i'll be passing on by to more underground hits like knights in the nightmare.
Harpu

Postby mudokon100 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Tbh I'd only get it cos it looks so random and I like Jack Black.
Checker: Are you human?
Me: Of course I am!
Checker: *DENIED*
Me: What? Well... how about "Yes"?
Checker: *ACCEPTED*
Me: O.o
mudokon100
Hive Tyrant

Postby Krishach on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 am

ITS TIM SCHAEFER.

Grim Fandango
Psychonauts

The man has never done something that isn't totally bugged out off the wall acid induced brilliance.

Believe me not? Remember Yahtzee's words...
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Overmind on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:38 am

If only I could stand metal........
"You can please everbody some of the time, and you can please somebody all of the time, but you cannot please everybody all the time."
-Lincoln
So tell everyone to f*** off and do it your way.

"Ceterum censeo Commoragh esse delendam"
Overmind
Carnifex

Postby Harpu on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Jack Black gets in the game, produces Brutal Legend with Tim Schafer

Jack Black, the star of movies such as "King Kong" and "Kung Fu Panda," had two passions growing up in Los Angeles -- rock music and video games.
Black played out his rock-star fantasy by starting a band, Tenacious D, and starring in the movie "The School of Rock." Now, he's tackling video games.
The 39-year-old has been secretly working on a game called Brutal Legend that will debut on Sunday at the Spike TV Video Game Awards, which Black will host.

That's from an old article and I'll admit, I had no idea Tim Schafer was involved because I didn't look into this game too much, but I knew Jack Black was making it and heres my back up. It would seem that Schafer did begin the game, but Jack was there to participate in its creation the whole ride (apparently it goes back about 3 years)

I don't want to get to far off topic but i've played psychonauts and I didn't get that into the game. Maybe it was just me.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technol ... -brut.html
Harpu

Postby Zaha on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:43 am

Aaaaaawesome. :D
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Archives