Needing Total Forumite Input

Here be mod discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Needing Total Forumite Input

Postby Zaha on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 am

http://www.moddb.com/mods/tyranid-mod/

Check the comments section, specifically the stuff written by TriniXjin.

To give a summary, he's wall-of-texting a lot of "suggestions" (and when I say "suggestions", I mean he's attempting the "do this because my ideas are fantastic" route of "suggesting"), most of which are to do with balance but he's also saying stupid things like we should also be redoing Chaos to include Nurgle and whatnot, because that would make the mod "perfect".

I have been quite emphatically stating that we as a mod team don't give a flying fuck about Chaos and if he wants to play Chaos with Tyranids he can do that with a combiner mod because there are other mod teams doing that sort of thing, but he doesn't seem to be getting it.

Specifically, his last comment was this (lack of grammar/spelling included):
Don't be a noob about fussing like a girl,be a man.Making it for yourself all that crap well keep it,if you are letting us use it then you are a lier you are making it for everyone else too.I bet you guys will get fed up of this mod because you don't think big.Most game in the world are not perfect because there are the lazy ones like you then they are the think out of the box guys so don't let other people take your thunder just do it.You will be surprised how much fun it will be.Make the mod then extra mod that work with your 100% not just mix them with other mods it would not work well.If you have time to do this mod why don't you have time to make it perfect.If you want to be lazy and suck like the average game or mod makers just forget it but just fix all the problems in the mod and make the nid look better.If you chose to be a think out of the box guy you and make your mod perfect you will have allot more fans than just making it normal.Don't be a loser and suck just be awesome and if you can't just make the nid perfect if you are good with that don't be lazy and leave out designs just make them good mate.To save you the time on a answer just say yes,no or maybe don't waste your time.

What's a good response? And please do read his other comments so you can get a feel for how obnoxious he is.

Oh and feel free to comment for yourselves in that thread if you have a ModDB account already. Seriously.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Needing Total Forumite Input

Postby Hollow on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:59 am

Sometimes, the best response is, simply; ignoring such comments. You set yourself a setting, a goal; he is noone to come and say "LOL U GUYS ARE LAZEH U MUST THINK BIG BECAUSE LOL I SAY SO". No, that doesn´t work, really.

That´s the blatant comment of a kid or, in essence, a fanboy who finds himself pained (or, asspained) due to some things. Like one of those guys who for instance, want a mod which blends everything that it has been but in the end it won´t be possible.

My proper answer, although a bit harsh, is that, ignore him deleting his post.

On a side note...Perfect and the best...These two words are kind of a cancer for any mod community.
Hollow
Translator
Translator

Postby Zaha on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:03 am

I'll give him a warning before deleting his comments. But a response is kinda necessary on the off chance it'll give him a clue.
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hollow on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:20 am

Better that way, yes, if he doesn´t understand, his loss.

On a side note, I was checking out certain users and I noticed one who uploaded something for PoK, does he have any permission from you?:

Here´s the link and sorry for the possible Offtopic: http://www.moddb.com/groups/dawn-of-war ... on-for-pok
Hollow
Translator
Translator

Postby Zaha on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 am

...Not as far as I know, but I can't even tell if they're using our stuff.

Edit: Wait, yes they are. I'll talk to them about it.
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Krishach on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 am

It is impossible to fail quite as much as his writing does. I believe Yatzhee comes to mind, about a fan "whining like a broken motor."

Simply, this is every self aggrandizing slut who will demand whatever they please from any creator of any medium, then use the reasonable refusal as an excuse to slander whatever they please.

It is my opinion that this troll is doing precisely that: trolling, and responding will simply spark more comments. Smart fish don't bite, and I say let him stagnate in mediocrity.
ImageImageImage
Krishach
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Joey625 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:42 pm

just tell him to do it himself then if he thinks hes so amazing
My Dawn of War username is Joey62591 if anyone wants to hit me up for a game
Joey625
Broodlord

Postby Zaha on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:23 am

My response:
Ah, so now you think you can insult us into doing what you want. Interesting. Well for reference, doing the mod we designed is not being lazy. It's actually knowing what the hell we're doing.

Being lazy would be putting absolutely no effort into learning how to mod yourself and instead trying to find a mod team to boss around into doing things that have absolutely nothing to do with their work, because you, some random off the street says they should.

I think I've been pretty clear here. Kindly go away. If you continue to post I will simply delete every comment you have and will make, because we (and by we, I mean everyone so far who has commented on your behaviour back on our forum) do not want your input.

If you want to see that mod made, I suggest you learn how to do it yourself like everyone else has had to.
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Joey625 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:58 pm

that guy is such an idiot though lol does he really have nothing else better to do then tell people how to work there mod and how it can be the "Best Mod" in the world
My Dawn of War username is Joey62591 if anyone wants to hit me up for a game
Joey625
Broodlord

Postby Hollow on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Good answer, shows more than enough to put him in his place for such idiotic comments.
Hollow
Translator
Translator

Next

Return to General