Asking for permission

Here be mod discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Asking for permission

Postby Kohlrabi on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:35 am

Hi!

I'm asking on behalf of another modding and players community, that of the Tabletop Simulator game ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/ ).

I am asking for your (i.e. the modmakers) permission to upload some, or most, of your lovely Tyranid models as playing pieces for the game "Tabletop Simulator".
There are already a few uploads with models from the Warhammer 40K universe there, but sadly, no Tyranids.

In case you let me do this, I would provide a link to your mod (at Moddb) and your forums (these forums) in the description, and write the names of the creators as well
(Zahaqiel, Kaveman, Ministry 3D, Miros - anyone I missed?). I would (of course) not take any claim of creating these models myself.
If there are anything else I should add to the description, I could do that as well. You could pick the title of the upload if you want - I'm thinking of "Tyranid models" or "Tyranid models from the Tyranid mod", but if you have another idea, let me know.

Would this be ok? I think many people would enjoy using your models in Tabletop Simulator, and I would be happy to share them, assuming it would be alright with you. Would it?

/Kohlrabi

Edit:
Due to not reading the FAQ before posting, I posted this in the wrong board, and as far as I understand should be posted in the General board.
Just a clarification regarding whose work is involved in this (possible) upload; the playing pieces will use the models, textures, and animations from the mod.
Kohlrabi
Spore Mine

Re: Asking for permission

Postby Zaha on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:08 pm

So, when you asked me this on ModDB part of the reason I had absolutely no idea on how to answer you was because we have multiple people who made the models and each of them retains controlling interest for them.

It's rather complicated. Ministry has made most of them, but there are a bunch of former mod team members who contributed models as well.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kohlrabi on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Ah, I see.
I could upload the playing pieces (assuming Ministry gives a go-ahead since he made most of them), and remove the other models from Steam if a team member, past or present, objects to me uploading them?

I will give full credit to those who made them (or to the team if I don't know who made the specific model)... think that's enough?
Kohlrabi
Spore Mine

Postby Zaha on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:59 am

Not sure, we'd have to get at least Ministry's consent first.
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kohlrabi on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:21 am

Sounds reasonable. Does he visit this forum on a regular basis?
Kohlrabi
Spore Mine

Postby Zaha on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:36 pm

I'll try to nudge him for you.
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kohlrabi on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Thanks!
Kohlrabi
Spore Mine

Postby Kohlrabi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:56 am

Any success in nudging him?
Kohlrabi
Spore Mine

Postby Zaha on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm

I haven't heard back from him unfortunately. He can often take a while.
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kohlrabi on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Ah, ok.

Do you think it would be ok with me uploading it while waiting for his answer, and removing it in case he wants me to?
Kohlrabi
Spore Mine

Next

Return to General