French translation - Traduction française (0.5b2)

Custom maps, colourschemes, etc.

French translation - Traduction française (0.5b2)

Postby KiasMaGS on Sat May 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a French Soulstorm player who has recently re-discovered the game thanks to several mods, among them the Tyranids mod.
A while ago, I started translating the mod in French. When I found out that some other mods featured translated versions, I thought some other players may enjoy a French version of the mod.

A few weeks ago, I thought I had finished translating the .ucs files from 0.5b2 version, but today I realized that this release contained two english versions, which are slightly different :
File from English folder : 2012/08/14, features buildings called Gauntii Brood Hive, Xenotype Brood Womb, Tyranicus Brood Spire...
File from Chinese, Czech, French, Italian, Korean, Korean_Blood, Polish and Russian : 2008/05/25, features buildings called Hive Node, Birthing Sacs, Mutation Lair...
Some other details of the newer file are missing in the older one, but it doesn't really affect the game, except for the unit spawns : the costs and the unit's name are not correctly displayed.

As I worked exclusively on the older file, I wanted to know which one is the "official" reference, so I can adapt my works to the correct meanings, terms and features of the mod.
I hope this won't take too long, and for the moment I will just transfer what I have from one version to the other, and translate again what needs to be translated.

Let's make this mod international !
KiasMaGS
Spore Mine

Re: French translation - Traduction française (0.5b2)

Postby KiasMaGS on Sun May 17, 2015 9:53 am

En français maintenant, parce que j'avais la flemme hier.

Bonjour à tous !

Je suis un joueur français de Soulstorm qui a récemment redécouvert le jeu grâce à plusieurs mods, dont celui des Tyranides. Il y a un moment (ça va faire deux mois à peu près), j'ai commencé à traduire le mod en français. Quand j'ai vu que certains mods comportaient des versions traduites, je me suis dit que d'autres joueurs pourraient apprécier une version française du mod.

Il y a quelques semaines, je pensais en avoir terminé avec ma traduction des fichiers .ucs de la verson 0.5b2, mais hier, je me suis rendu compte que cette version comportait deux versions anglaises distinctes, présentant quelques légères différences :
Fichier du dossier English : 2012/08/14, comportant des batiments nommés Gauntii Brood Hive, Xenotype Brood Womb, Tyranicus Brood Spire...
Fichier des dossiers Chinese, Czech, French, Italian, Korean, Korean_Blood, Polish et Russian : 2008/05/25, comportant des batiments nommés Hive Node, Birthing Sacs, Mutation Lair...
Quelques autres détails du fichier le plus récent manquent au plus vieux, sans grandement affecter le jeu, si ce n'est pour l'invocation d'unités ainsi que l'activation des capacités spéciales (coût et noms incorrectement affichés).

N'ayant travaillé que sur le fichier le plus vieux, je voulais savoir lequel des deux était la référence "officielle", afin que j'adapte mon travail aux significations, termes et fonctionnalités correctes du mod.

First update
After a quick look to the newer file, I found out that the main difference between the files was about the Influence resource. Now that I have translated the newer file, I have to test it and check that the game behavior and the texts are coherent.
As long as the game isn't really affected, I prefered to keep the old file's building names, because I find them more classy.
I am also surprised to see that this issue hasn't been reported yet by the other translating fans...
KiasMaGS
Spore Mine

Postby Miros on Sun May 17, 2015 11:26 am

Yes, the one in the English folder is the one which is more recent. :)

If I remember correctly, there were also some changes to the name of some abilities and researches, but I can't really tell out of memory. Also, some more changes went into 0.5b3 (although not too many I believe).

Anyway, thank you very much for the translation and really glad you like the mod! :D
Miros
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby KiasMaGS on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:04 am

Ok, that's what I thought! Thanks for the confirmation.

I found most of the changes, which corrected some of the displaying errors coming from the older file. Especially, most of the lines corresponding to the various Hive Mind abilities seem to work better now.

Currently, I suspended my testing work, but I hope it will be finished by next week.
KiasMaGS
Spore Mine

Postby KiasMaGS on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:19 am

Hey everybody, I'm back with some stuff and updates.

I am finally done with the alpha-testing, and rather satisfied of the results. Understanding some tricky things, like the fact that two different types of Ripper Swarm exist, took me a bit of time, but I think the whole mod has been checked.

Now the translation needs to be beta-tested by players using a French version of the game. If you are one, please try this translation so I can have external feedback about my work.

Here's a link to download the translated files. It includes a ReadMe to help players set up the translation.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ubll ... lation.zip

So, this is a release. I hope I won't be the only one enjoying the mod in French !
KiasMaGS
Spore Mine

Return to Fan Submissions