0.5b2 Bugs and such

Here be dragons

Moderator: Moderators

0.5b2 Bugs and such

Postby Reaper R66 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 am

Greetings and congratulations on the new release guys :D

Anyway, I played a quick match as the Tyranids and noticed a bunch of things which I found odd:

- The Hive Spire, Capillary Tower and Reclamation Pools appear blocky as though someone forgot to apply a smoothing modifier to the models. I don't think they were like that in previous versions.
- One of the sync kills for the Hive Tyrant involves it slashing away at an opponent while the enemy flails about in mid-air.
- The Hive Tyrant biomorphs, Extended Carapace and Ardenal Gland, have no tooltips.
- The Brood Spire and Reclamation Pools would become invisible depending on how I position the camera angle.
- The Hive Tyrant lacks footfall effects and its eyes don't glow like other units.
- The tips of Spore Chimneys and Capillary Towers are textured black. Quick texture edit worked for me.
- The Hive Tyrant clips into other units and buildings. Giving it the same scale values as a Dreadnought under 'entity_blueprint' seems to fix this.
- Tyranid ai is broken; they refuse to build any buildings apart from Spore Chimneys.

That's all I've noticed for now, I'll be sure to let you guys know about other things I find. Oh and are you guys in need of OE people by any chance?
Last edited by Reaper R66 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper R66
Ripper

Re: 0.5b2 Bugs and such

Postby ralph777 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 pm

It's a dream come true and it's awesome :mrgreen:
but, :?:

it seems like the Hive tyrant is easily be killed in a battle, the damage capacity of the Hive tyrant is well balanced, but i hope they'll make increase the life capacity of the Hive tyrant in the next version.... like 4000 :?:
Good start though'.. and I know you could do a lot better in the next version...

Nothing is impossible'..
worlds best dow mod :!:

DOW SS tyranid mod fan.. :D
ralph777
Ripper

Postby Zaha on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:22 pm

I've also got a report of a "fatal scar error-execution suspended" error immediately on load, on the Tarsis Ultra map when playing as nids.
I am the Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic
Zaha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reaper R66 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Zaha, if you open the zip I attached to this post you'll find screenshots of 2 texture fixes I made. One is for the spikes on the Hive Tyrant's legs and the other is for the tip of the Capillary Tower.

If the team wants them, I'll gladly hand them over.
Attachments
Texture Fixes (Preview).zip
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
Reaper R66
Ripper

Postby Hollow on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Guys, trust in Reaper as he is awesome. He can do some cool awesome stuff trough OE.

*Has Hollow Seal of Aproval*.
Hollow
Translator
Translator

Postby Miros on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah, the texture's got some "holes" on it. There's another one under the top right talon. I knew they were there but couldn't fix them, so glad you were able to :D
The eye glow was done by Whiteshield (specular mapping I think), way before we had this monster up and running. That's why The Hive Tyrant doesn't have it.

On the animations and sync_kills, I know there's work to do still. Some animations should be redone and some things (like footfall effects) are yet to be added.
Extended Carapace and Ardenal Gland don't have a tooltip because they're just visual additions for the moment.

Also came across the camera angle issue. No clue as what might be causing it.

P.D. Just tested Tarsis Ultra and it went fine for the length of the battle. No crashes and/or errors whatsoever.
Miros
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby ralph777 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:17 pm

While playing as tyranids:

I've also notice that the Hive Tyrant FX in kill sync is a little bit buggy' like it attack so rappidly'..
i hope it will be adjusted a little slower attack like the carnifex timing attack but has critical damage some time'.. :D

and give some stomp effect when walking that has dust besides it's every step to make it epic.. :idea:

DOW SS tyranid mod fan :mrgreen:
ralph777
Ripper

Postby Reaper R66 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 am

There's another one under the top right talon.

Download the zip folder on this post and take a look, I think I fixed what you meant.

The eye glow was done by Whiteshield (specular mapping I think), way before we had this monster up and running. That's why The Hive Tyrant doesn't have it.

Got it working :mrgreen:

If I fixed the talon the way you wanted, I can upload my texture fixes together.
Attachments
Tyrant Talon (Preview).zip
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
Reaper R66
Ripper

Postby Miros on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 am

Yes, that's it :D
Miros
Mod Team
Mod Team

Postby Gambit on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:23 am

About the GFX issue Reaper mentioned, I also encountered it in my rig (nvidia 680, latest drivers).
More specifically, I notice that various GFXes "disappear" randomly on the WHOLE map, DEPENDING ON THE VIEWING ANGLE, or the camera position, in general.
And by various GFXes, I mean ALL buildings, units and terrain features (including grass, trees, slug deposits, LP etc.). FXes seem resistant to the effect, as I noticed that they do not disappear.
To me, it looks like an engine limitation - a conflict with a specific Tyranid hack perhaps?? :roll:

An slight issue I also noticed was:
-Raveners can burrow->unburrow at will, but the ability has a ready time (which does nothing, as far as I recon). Why so?

Impressions
Excellent! After getting the hand of the new UI, it is very easy to move around. The new influence resource system is really innovative and quite tyranid-oriented.
Congratulations to the whole team for delivering such a masterpiece! The b2 seems a NEW RACE approach compared to the b1!
Ah, and.... (needless to say) the new Tyrant is .... WHOA!

Wish List for the FAR Future
-Since power is now obsolete, In the EXCHANGE resources screen, allow ONLY requisition to be traded.
-Change the UI's support cap "small icon"! Tyranids have NO "vehicles", so I think this is inappropriate. I can fix that if you want... (it's trivial, but I think it is necessary...)
-In search of Papasmurf...
Gambit
Ripper

Next

Return to Tech Support